Wednesday, September 27, 2006

More Evidence of Mail Crimes by Allen


I love the New Republican and can hardly wait for it to arrive in my mailbox each month. Today, somebody alerted me to their online blog. In general I don't approve of the concept, anything worth writing is worth mailing if you ask me, but they have uncovered more shocking evidence of Sen. George Allen's hateful crimes against the United States Postal System.

As I pointed out yesterday, the law is very clear about what our society thinks of postal vandals:

Mailboxes are considered federal property, and federal law (Title 18, United States Code, Section 1705), makes it a crime to vandalize them (or to injure, deface or destroy any mail deposited in them). Violators can be fined up to $250,000, or imprisoned for up to three years, for each act of vandalism.
Now theres another witness:
A former college classmate of George Allen and Ken Shelton, the North Carolina radiologist who says Allen regularly used the N-word in the 1970s and once stuck the head of a deer in the mailbox of a black family, has come forward to corroborate one of Shelton's accusations.

"Some time drinking a beer at U Heights," Beam says, referring to the campus housing complex where Beam, Lanahan, and Allen all lived, "Lanahan told me they went hunting and killed a deer. All I know is they cut off a deer head and stuck it in someone's mailbox.
This mailbox belonged to you and me ... the federal taxpayer ... and frankly I don't like it when people go around sticking severed heads in my slot.

If you want to write George Allen and tell him how angry you are, and where else he might be able to stick his head, send a letter to:

THE HONORABLE GEORGE ALLEN
204 RUSSELL SENATE OFFICE BUILDING
WASHINGTON DC 20510

UPDATE: The magazine is actually called "The New Republic," not the New Republican. An apology will go out in tomorrow's mail.

UPDATED UPDATE: Best news of the day is that "The New Republic" is mailed out every week. I love those guys.

No comments: